Berkeley, CA, 94704
Joined on February, 2014
Weekdays in the evening
Up to 10 minutes away for no additional charge
EducationIntegrative Biology B.A. Expected 2014
Public Health B.A. Expected 2014
University of California, Berkeley
Experience- Each individual has their own style of learning - finding out what this is and how to utilize this are essential parts of understanding any material. I have always enjoyed tutoring people, and watching students finally understand a concept (ie. the "lightbulb moment!") is a very rewarding and wonderful experience for me.
- It is essential for me that my students are happy with their work, so my goal, besides academic coursework, is to give them confidence in their own skills!
- 3+ years - Previous math and writing tutor for elementary, middle school, and university students. I have supervised, mentored, and taught students within my church community for over 3 years in my home community. I continue to edit papers for my peers and tutor them in various subjects informally.
- 3 years - senior copy-editor and contributor at the Public Health Advocate - UC Berkeley's award winning undergraduate publication.
- 2+ years - senior mentor in Cal Wonderworks a UC Berkeley student-run organization. We create, plan, execute, and teach science experiments for elementary students in the Berkeley area!
- 1+ year - student affiliate and immunology research assistant at UCSF.
- SAT test score over 95th percentile.
- Relevant general university level courses: General Biology Lecture and Lab (1 year), Calculus (1 year), Biochemistry (1 semester), Chemistry (>1 year), Intensive writing courses (>1 year) and more.
- Proficient in Windows and Macintosh OS. Proficient in Microsoft Office and several Adobe programs.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any concerns or questions!
HobbiesI love reading, cooking, running, going on adventures, and spending time with friends/family. I also love music and enjoy painting from time to time.
**Weekend appointments are available by request.**
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.